Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have decided to split our team in two to continue to supply our community with our services.
The health and safety of our patients, staff and the greater community has always been of the highest importance to us.
Our aim is to continue providing our necessary service to our patients throughout this time and your support in this regard is greatly appreciated.
The precautions we are taking:
– We already had longer than standard examination times, we have increased that to an hour now to ensure we have ample time to thoroughly disinfect between each patient and to limit the amount of people in our building at one time.
– We have changed our seating to help with social distancing
– Our magazines and children’s toys are currently on holidays
– We have hand sanitiser and hand washing stations readily available around the practice – please make use of them
– All staff are regularly using hand sanitiser and washing their hands thoroughly throughout the day
– To assist in controlling the flow in the practice, we ask our customers who need any spectacle repairs done to please give us a call so we can organise a time to tend to you and your specs
– Upon booking an appointment we may ask you some questions regarding any recent overseas travel and if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms
– We are happy to post straight to your door any contact lenses, solutions and spectacle jobs if you would prefer and this will be offered to everyone
– As of the 24th of March we have extended our opening hours – this means we are able to split our team into a morning and evening shift. This is again another measure to cope with demand and limit patients in the practice. Should there be exposure to one part of the team we can continue to provide ongoing eye care to our patients
– We now have AM Team and PM Team. The AM Team is Mitch, Clarissa, Tammy and Chloe – they will be in the practice from 8am- 2pm. When we close at 2pm the AM Team will thoroughly clean and disinfect the practice before leaving for the day. Once the AM Team has left the premises, the PM Team- Emma, Nicole and Taneil will be in the practice from 2:40pm until 8pm
In the event that you, or someone you have had close contact with, is diagnosed with COVID-19 and you have visited the practice within the last 14 days, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible so that we can take appropriate and necessary measures.
If you have concerns about the health of your eyes and are unable to attend the practice our optometrists can provide advice to you over the phone.
We are closely monitoring the current COVID-19 situation and following the guidelines released by both the Department of Health and Human Services and the Optometry Australia to help prevent the spread of the virus.
We know that things are changing quickly but will keep you updated as the situation progresses, and we appreciate your support in keeping everyone safe and healthy.
If you have any questions or concerns, please phone us on 8642 2766 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org